Does Your Good Code Do Good?
On June 6th, hackers around the country will gather to do good as they create good code. The National Day of Civic Hacking 2015 will bring together citizens, developers, designers plus government staff to collaboratively create build and invent.
National Day of Civic hacking is Minnesota’s contribution to Hack for Change and DevJam Studios is going to host a local two day event. In past events, seventy-seven cities across the US participated. Two years ago at the Hack.MN event sponsored and held at DevJam, OMGTransit went to the White House to present their app. This particular event say attendence from local, state and federal agencies. We look forward to a strong and continued participation this year.
Hack For Change, the White House sponsored national event, uses publicly available data, code and technology to solve challenges relevant to our neighborhoods, our cities, our states and our country.
Doors Open at 9:00am
- David Hussman, Chief Scientist, DevJam Studios
- MN.IT Commissioner and State of MN CIO – Tom Baden
- MN.IT Chief Geospatial Information Officer – Dan Ross
10:30am?? Team Formation and Hacking
Noon: Lunch Provided by Studio 2
1:00pm MN DOT IT Architect Rick Meyer – “Building the API Manager”
5:00pm – Dinner provided by Studio 2
7:00pm – Happy Hour starts, sponsored by GovDelivery
7:30pm – Presentations start
8:30pm – Judges award prizes;
Closing remarks Senator Franken
- James Kauth, State of MN Innovation Officer
- Kelly Clausen, Principal Planning Analyst, Hennepin County Center of Innovation and Excellence (Geo:Code )
- Catherine Beil Improvement Data Coordinator, Continuous Improvement Office, MN Dept. of Administration
- Kristen Murray, Program Developer, Center for Urban and Regional Affairs, University of MN
- Tom Baden, Commissioner of MN.IT, State of MN CIO
- Stacie Christensen, Director, Information Policy Analysis Division, MN Dept. of Administration
- Dan Ross, MN.IT Chief Geospatial Information Officer
Sponsors and Organizers
Special Thanks to Josh Kennedy for all his hard work on this! Thanks to our sponsors and organizers who helped make this happen!
Please register here and do some good with the good code you create.
If you have questions or want to help us make this a great event, please email us today